Here is the easy and delicious recipe!
Easy Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup sweetex or crisco
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon meringue powder
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 1 tsp vanilla
Ingredients (to cover one 8 inch cake)
- mix the sweetex, salt, and meringue powder with electric mixer to blend aobut 30 seconds
- Add the milk and vanilla in the bowl, then add the sugar and blend by hand with a spatula until the sugar is absorbed into the liquid
- .put bowl back on the mixer and beat on medium speed for 2-5 minutes until smooth and a little fluffy.
- if mixture is too stiff, you can add more liquid. if it is too runny add more powdered sugar
For Buttercream Icing
Cakes I have made with Buttercream frosting