This delicious mud pie is a new and improved recipe based on my Kona Pie recipe HERE. I used a different ice cream called Mocha almond fudge. I also covered the pie in fudge instead of covered with whipped cream. I put a swirl of whipped cream on each piece instead. The result is a chocolatey mocha yumminess!
- 1 packages of Oreo cookies
- 1 cube of butter
- 1 gallon mocha almond fudge ice cream
- whip cream
- macadamia nuts
- blend cookies in the food processor
- add cookies and melted butter into a bowl
- mix until all butter is incorporated
- press onto 9 inch springform pan
- freeze for several hours
- mix ice cream in bowl
- scoop into crust and press down with spoon
- freeze over night
- top with whip cream, fudge, and macadamia nuts
There are two ways you can assemble this mud pie. The first way is to use a spring form pan. The second way is to use a cake board with a pastry ring and an acetate ring. This is the way I made it because I wanted to pie to be smaller then my spring form pan. Make sure you freeze the crust for a few hours before putting in the ice cream. The mud pie turns out best if you let it freeze overnight. Also give the fudge on top time to freeze as well.
Other cakes you might like!