All Purpose Flour 2 cups / 240 grams
Cocoa Powder 1/2 cup / 60 grams
Baking Powder 2 tsp
Baking Soda / Cooking Soda 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Water 3/4 cup / 180 ml
Soft Unsalted Butter 250 grams
Milk 1/2 cup / 120 ml
Sugar 2 3/4 cup / 550 grams
Dark Chocolate 220 Grams chopped
Instant Coffee Powder 2 TB
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line the base and sides of a 8 inch with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment comes above the pan, since it will rise so much. (Make sure you line with parchment paper! If you don’t, the cake will stick to the pan no matter what you grease it with!) Also, put baking strips around the pan. Another thing you can do is tent with foil over the top of the cake.
2. Take water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
3. Add in coffee, butter, dark chocolate and heat it gently till it is melted.
4. Add in sugar and whisk well till it is completely melted. Pour this in a bowl and set aside to cool down a bit.
5. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
6. Add in milk to the chocolate mix, add in one egg at a time and whisk it well.
7. Add in the sifted flour mix in and mix well.
8. Pour this in the prepared pan and pop it in oven for 1.45 hours to 2 hours. ( This mud cake needs long and slow cooking)
9. Remove it from oven and let it cool completely.(Always let mud cake cool in the cake pan)
10. After it is completely cool, unmold from pan and cut the top with a serrated knife.
Peanut Butter Filling
1 lb. (455 g) (2 8oz packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
3 c (710 ml) smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
2 c (315 g) confectioners sugar, sifted
1 c (235 ml) heavy cream
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners sugar on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Put cream into a large bowl and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
3. Using a rubber spatula, fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture to lighen, then fold in remaining 2/3rds.
4. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Peanut Butter Frosting
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 c butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups powder sugar
2-3 Tbs of milk
1. Cream together peanut butter and butter.
2. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar, mix to combine.
3. Add in milk and mix with whisk attachment. Mix until creamy and fluffy.
5 ounces (150 g) best-quality dark chocolate, chopped or callets
3/4 cup (90 g) unsalted butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
Pinch of salt
1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate, butter, corn syrup and salt in the microwave, about 50 seconds, and stir until smooth. (You can also melt in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.)
2. Let cool until it thickens slightly, about 15 minutes. Store for up to 1 week in an airtight container in refrigerator, and warm in microwave when ready to use.