I made one recipe of my WASC cake (White Almond Sour Cream Cake) and used pink, yellow, and blue food coloring to make three separate 6 inch cakes.
The filling I used was a white chocolate pudding filling. The filling uses white chocolate pudding, half and half, cream cheese, dream whip, and vanilla.
The topping I used was a whipped cream frosting, using heavy whipping cream, and sugar.
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teas. salt
- 8 egg whites
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 4 Tbls. vegetable oil
- 2 cups (16oz carton) sour cream
- 2 teaspoon clear vanilla flavor
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- I used half of this recipe for this cake
- 1 [2.6 oz] box dry whipped topping mix [i.e.Dream Whip]
- 3 cup cold half & half, divided
- 2 [3.4 oz] box white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- I used half of this filling for this cake
- I cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1.Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees until toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes
- ***One recipe makes: one 14" round + one 6" round 3.or one 16" round or one 12" round + one 10" round or one 12x18" sheet cake or one 12" round + one 8" round + one 6" Half a recipe makes: two 8" rounds or two 6" rounds + 6 cupcakes
- To prepare the filling, using a mixer whip together both envelopes of whipped topping with 1 1/4 cup of cold half & half. Whip for 3 minutes or until firm peaks form
- Add both packages of instant pudding, 1 3/4 cups of cold half & half and 2 tsp pure vanilla extract. Whip for another 2-3 minutes until thickened. Add the whipped cream cheese and whip for another 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy. Spread half of the filling over the bottom layer of cake.
- Whip your whipped topping until firm peaks form. Add sugar