Oh my goodness, it has been so HOT lately here in San Diego! It is the first of September and around 90 degrees outside! The last thing I wanted to do was turn on the oven and bake! But when you gotta have cheesecake, you gotta have cheesecake! lol So I created this no-bake cheesecake recipe to satisfy cheesecake cravings and not have to turn on the oven! It is light and cold and refreshing for these hot Indian Summer days!
White Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 oz. package unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2/3 cup water
- 16 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl. Press evenly into the bottom of a 9" spring-form pan.
- In a large bowl, melt the white chocolate at 30 second intervals, stirring well between each heating. When smooth, add the cream cheese and mix well with an electric mixer. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and gelatin. Let set for 1 minute, then gently heat on the stove-top until gelatin has dissolved. Stir gelatin into cream cheese mixture until thoroughly combined. Fold in heavy cream.
- Pour 3 cups of batter into a liquid measure.
- Take a little less then a pint of blueberries and blend in blender with one teaspoon of sugar to make puree. Save some of the blueberries for the top of the cheesecake. Stir in Blueberry puree and mix vigorously until white streaks disappear. Pour over graham cracker crust and shake pan to level batter.
- Put blueberry layer in the freezer for 20 minutes. It should set to a matte-appearing surface, if it is still liquid after the freeze time, put it back in the freezer until it is no longer liquid.
- Leave white batter on your counter top and stir occasionally while the blueberry layer freezes. Pour white batter on top of blueberry layer and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To unmold, run a knife along the edge of the cheesecake and pop open spring-form pan. Remove cheesecake from mold and top with fresh blueberries.